The Buying Process: We're here to help!
Looking for a new home can be an exciting and challenging experience! Having a real estate professional or The RED Team that takes the time to understand your unique needs and lifestyle is important.
We work hard to not only find the perfect home for you, but also to handle every last detail of the purchase process, from negotiating the terms of sale to recommending moving companies.
Here is a little information about the buying process, but please do not hesitate to call or email us with questions.
Plus, be sure to contact us for our Buyer Guide Packet!
Guide to Buying a Home
There are dozens of considerations involved in choosing Residential Property. Among other parameters are location, value, crime, schools, taxes - the list is long, and it can be confusing to sort through it all.
To help you organize your choices, we offer the list below of considerations and action items for choosing a home.
- Which neighborhoods are convenient to work, family and friends, schools, church and other frequent destinations?
- How do you like the neighborhood ambience?
- Is there noise from nearby roadways or industry?
- Are the streets and yards nicely landscaped?
- How about family security?
- How are home values in the neighborhood relative to others in the region?
- How are the area schools rated relative to others in the region?
- Are favorite shopping and dining establishments close by?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many bathrooms?
- Do you want a formal dining room?
- Do you want a yard? Do you need a fenced yard?
- How much car storage? Do you require a garage?
- Are you looking for a particular style home? One or two story? Perhaps one with a detached guest house?
- What other features are important to you? Swimming pool, fireplace, extra-large closets, room for a home office?
- Would you consider a house that needs updating?
- Do you prefer new construction?
Most importantly, have you contacted a lender to get pre-approved?
How expensive of a house can you afford?
What can you do to improve your credit rating?
You can answer some of these questions yourself!
- Look through the real estate ads in area newspapers and magazines to get a feel for housing availability and pricing.
- Visit open houses on weekends. It costs nothing, might give you some additional ideas and help narrow your choice of neighborhoods, but please let the Realtor know you are using US to help you with the buying proccess.
- Get a copy of your credit report and verify accuracy.
- Do not add to your debt. Pay down debts as much as you can.
For help with these and other questions:
The goal of a professional real estate broker is to save you time and money and most of all, find the best value in a home that meets your wants and needs. This goal is accomplished because:
- Your Realtor® is trained to analyze your financial condition and determine how expensive a house you can reasonably qualify for, and help you arrange that financing.
- We most likely know the area and can focus your search in appropriate neighborhoods.
- A Realtor® can access the Multiple Listing Service and produce a list of available property that match your criteria.
- A Realtor® will set up appointments to tour the homes that interest you. Many homes are readily available through lock boxes accessed only by licensed real estate agents.
- A skilled Realtor® can determine fair prices to bid on a property by researching comparable area sales, by analyzing current market conditions, and through experience. The value of this service should not be underestimated!
- Your Realtor® will help you complete the paperwork required to submit an offer for property. He or she will standby waiting for acceptance or a counteroffer and advise you on what to do next.
- Finally, your Realtor® will follow up by arranging home inspections and appraisals and attend the closing to assure the transaction goes smoothly.
Our standards of customer service are highest in the industry. We are multimillion dollar producers, and a large part of that success is due to business from prior referrals. That repeat business comes from a dedication to first rate customer service. We are highly trained. We have a range of contacts in the mortgage industry, know the many options available and will match your needs with the best deal possible.
We have extensive experience in the Edmond/Oklahoma City Metro area. We are experts on real estate opportunities in virtually every community and neighborhood in the region. We have the experience and know-how to determine fair values for property. We are fully trained in the latest industry techniques and products. We are also backed by solid, experienced management from the local to the national level.