Moving to a new home can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. There is a great deal to do. When moving, it is necessary to plan ahead of time and to be well prepared. To begin, you must first declutter your home of items that you no longer require. After you declutter your home, you can begin packing up your household items.
The list below contains popular items that you may consider using when decluttering and packing:
- Vertical Wardrobe Boxes – These boxes are perfect for storing your clothes on hangers. When you arrive at your destination, you can simply unload them into a closet.
- Moving Boxes – Packing up your home can be a daunting task. Moving boxes are fairly easy to find, and can help you organize your items as you move. Pack heavier items in smaller boxes, and save the lighter items for bigger boxes.
- Color-Coded Labels – In order to help you organize your boxes and keep track of your items, you can color-code your moving boxes by room. It’s also a great idea to write the contents on the outside of the box. The movers will now be able to pinpoint exactly where they should place the boxes.
- Bubble Wrap or Foam Sheets- Fragile and delicate items will need special care when you are packing up your home. Bubble wrap and foam sheets can give you peace of mind when packing up your dishes and other fragile items.
- Shrinkwrap – In order to protect your furniture’s drawers and doors from scratches and dents during moving, shrink wrap is an excellent choice.
- Packaging Tape – Packing tape is essential if you want to move quickly and efficiently.
The RED Team offers an extensive list of moving tips to help your move go as smoothly as possible.