There’s nothing more satisfying than a yearly deep clean in your home! Yes, it may take lots of effort and time-blocking, but the joy and satisfaction you find after it’s all done is worth it. This is a great time to get rid of the piles and do those projects that typically don’t get done during your weekly cleaning. This list may be lengthy, but many of the tasks don’t take but a few minutes! Whether you get all or some of this list completed, you’ll be glad you did it. Thanks for taking the time to read, and happy Spring Cleaning!
- Buy a nice new entry mat.
- Sweep and mop floor.
- Clean out the coat closet, organize, and donate items no longer in use.
- Open windows.
- Clean under fridge and stove.
- Clean the stove top (including drip bowl, if applicable).
- Clean inside of all appliances (microwave, dishwasher, fridge, oven).
- Sharpen Knives.
- Remove items from each draw, wipe out draw, and place items back neatly. Any unnecessary items can be donated.
- Clean out and organize pantry. Check to see if any expired food needs to be thrown out.
- Vacuum refrigerator coils.
- Wipe down countertops, back splash, and all counter appliances.
- Wash and shine sink.
- Sweep and mop floor.
- Reseal grout.
- Wipe down table and chairs.
- Clean chair cushions, if applicable.
- Dust any china on display.
- Dust wall art.
- Add a beautiful, spring centerpiece to your table!
- Vacuum under and on top of couch cushions.
- Spot clean couch, if applicable.
- Wash all blankets.
- Sort through your DVD and book collection and donate any you no longer want.
- Carefully clean all electronics.
- Reorganize your drawers.
- Remove all items in your closets, vacuum and wipe down all surface, then neatly place everything back in while keeping in mind things you can donate.
- Remove everything from underneath your bed, vacuum, and neatly place things either back under your bed or someplace else so it’s not cluttered.
- Wash all bedding and curtains.
- Dust all artwork and wash mirrors.
- Remove all items from drawers and cabinets, wipe down surfaces, then neatly place everything back.
- Wipe down exterior of cabinets/drawers.
- Clean toilet inside and out.
- Scrub sink, clean out drain, and wipe down vanity.
- Scrub the shower and bathtub from top to bottom.
- Reseal grout lines, if applicable.
Throughout Your Home
- Wash all windows and window sills.
- Wash walls, trim, doors and door knobs as needed.
- Dust all surfaces.
- Dust all blinds.
- Clean lamps and lamp shades.
- Dust all light fixtures.
- Sweep off walkways and patios/porches.
- Power wash sides of home.
- Wipe down doors and repaint, if necessary.
- Add fresh mulch to flower beds.