As we are already 23 days into the new year, you may or may not have started decluttering your home and looking for ways to freshen things up a bit. Simple reorganization or adding new pops of color can make a huge difference in your space during these slower, winter months. Whether it’s giving your furniture a fresh coat of paint or changing out pillow covers, these are ways to make your home a little more warm and inviting. Here are 10 cost effective suggestions that can be done on a Saturday morning or afternoon.
1. Add a new, colorful area rug to your living room.
2. Rearrange your wall art.
3. Add a fresh coat of paint to your front door.
4. Update your shower curtain or some of the curtains throughout your home.
5. Update your duvet cover.
6. Get your pantry back in order.
7. Add some mirrors to your walls to increase natural light.
8. Paint those old pieces of furniture (our favorite: Annie Sloan Chalk Paint).
9. Change out your pillow covers.
10. Sort through your books and minimize your collection.