Buying your first home can be exciting but overwhelming! Not to worry, we are here to help answer any questions you may have and walk with you through the process. Below are 12 steps to successfully purchasing your first home!
1. First things first, get pre-approved through a lender. This will give you an idea of how much house you can afford so you can realistically search for that first home. Need a recommendation? We would be happy to help! Give us a call at (405) 474-4774.
2. Next, it can be helpful to answer the following questions in order to narrow down your search:
Where would you like your home to be located?
How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
Do you want an updated home or one you can update over time?
Are there any other “must haves” you’re looking for in a home?
3. Once you answer these questions, we will plug in your information and set up a search that sends you emails with homes that match your criteria.
4. Make a list of homes you’d like to see and we’ll schedule showings!
5. When you find the perfect home, we will help you determine a price based on a comparative market analysis. We will then write an offer and go over the contract paperwork, you sign, then we send it to the listing realtor!
6. The seller will either accept or counter your offer.
7. When the you have an accepted offer, you will then go through the application process to secure a loan.
8. Your home and termite inspections will be scheduled (if applicable).
9. A list of repairs (if any) will be compiled and sent to the seller. These are also negotiable.
10. You will sign all loan documents.
11. After repairs have been completed, we will schedule a final walk through of the home.
12. Show up to closing and buy your FIRST HOME!!
If you are considering buying your first home, please give us a call at (405) 474-4774! We look forward to serving you!