Summer is right around the corner and hot temperatures are coming! Below are some tricks to help cut your energy bill and save instead of spend.
- Close curtains or blinds throughout your home to help keep your house cool when nobody is home.
- Flip the switch! Be sure to turn off the lights when not in use. Children can be notorious for keeping them on, so you may want to invest in a motion light sensor.
- Wash your clothes in cold water can save you, on average, $115 per year! You can also save by choosing the “quick wash” washing cycle or waiting until you have a full load.
- Your refrigerator is always running, which makes it the most expensive appliance. So, be sure that it properly seals when shut and there are no gaps allowing air to escape.
- Standby power can drain your wallet! Did you know that a gadget such as your phone charger or appliances like a toaster oven still use energy, even when not in use? Unplug and save!
- You can save $75 every year by using energy efficient light bulbs instead of traditional incandescents. While the initial price of energy-efficient bulbs is typically higher, newer bulbs cost less to operate, saving you money over the life of the bulb.
Click here to take a quiz by OG&E to see how efficient your home runs and more tips to save!