I’m excited every year when the second half of March rolls around for two reasons. First, MARCH MADNESS! Who doesn’t get excited to create their personal bracket in hopes their favorite college basketball team wins the championship? Secondly, I love St. Patrick’s Day and everything green. Every year on March 17, the Irish and the Irish-at-heart observe St. Patrick’s Day around the world. What began as a religious feast day for the saint of Ireland has become an international festival celebrating Irish culture with parades, dancing, special foods and a whole lot of green!
Whether you prefer cheering on your favorite college basketball team or decking-out in shamrocks, bagpipes & kilts, we’ve got you covered with what’s happening around the metro this month.
Annual Downtown OKC St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- Saturday, March 12th
- Begins at 11 a.m. starting at Reno & Hudson and moving east toward the Bricktown Ballpark
- At least 80 parade entries! Shriners, dancers, clowns, animals, antique cars & more line the streets of Oklahoma City every year!
St. Paddys Day Dash 5k
- Saturday, March 12th
- 9:30am at Mitch Park
- The first round begins March 17-18
- Click here to get your full schedule for March Madness this season, and check this out to create and print your own bracket!
- For those of you who haven’t followed your team this season and need a little help with your bracket, click here
27th Annual Bricktown St. Patrick’s Day Block Party
- Thursday, March 17th from Noon-Midnight
- On the corner of Reno & Oklahoma Avenue
- Bring your lawn chairs, have green beer and listen to the live music
- Free admission and several food trucks will be on site. To see the full line-up of performers, click here
St. Patrick’s Day at Myriad Botanical Gardens
- Thursday, March 17th
- St. Patrick’s Day performances by Oklahoma Scottish Pipes and Drums and the Oklahoma Academy of Irish Dance, followed by Irish step lessons
- Kids can enjoy crafts and games and music
- Admission is free, but there is a charge for dance lessons
Heard On Hurd: Hosted by Citizens Bank of Edmond
- March 19th
- Live music, food trucks, and shopping in downtown Edmond
- Come out and join the fun! Check out their facebook page for more info
OKC Home and Outdoor Living Show
- Located at the State Fair Park with over 200 businesses from around the state!
- Click here for more info!
Sesame Street Live: Make A New Friend
- March 18-20
- Cox Convention Center
- Click here for more info and ticket information
Taste of Yukon
- March 24th
- Over 20 different food booths
- $12 in advance, $15 at the door