I found this web post last night and loved what they had to say about curb appeal. Great curb appeal is how you get buyers in the door, in the first place, to look at your home and then they will hopefully buy it!
Check out their website for their complete lists of improving your curb appeal at
- manicure your lawn
- pick the weeds in the flower beds
- get rid of dead plants
- put bright flowers by the front door
- clean off leaves and debris from your roof and gutters
- clean your windows
- make sure the house, front door and trim paint looks new and is not peeling
- add a bright and cute welcome mat
- update outdoor lighting or paint them
Hope this helps a little, even if you are not wanting to put your home on the market! I know your neighbors will appreciate it, too!