Fall is approaching fast. There are many things that you will want to do to your home to minimize maintenance issues down the road. Below is a fall maintenance checklist to use on your personal home. It is very important to get your home ready for the changing weather.
Fall Maintenance Checklist
1. Check and clean dryer duct from appliance to vent.
2. Drain water heater tank to reduce sediment.
3. Have a professional inspect and clean fireplace.
4. Clean gutters and downspouts. Repair as necessary. Make sure water is diverted away from home.
5. Pressure wash decks, drive and walkways.
6. Seal drives and walks.
7. Look for signs of termites, mice or other insects and pests.
8. Replace water filter in refrigerator.
9. Have septic tank inspected and pumped if needed.
10. Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
11. Remove all debris from yard (leaves, pine straw, etc.).
12. Prune all shrubbery and trees as recommended.
13. Have a professional check your heating unit in preparation for the winter season.