When your home’s plumbing system is working well, all is right with the world! Here are a few maintenance tips to help avoid plumbing problems that can literally soak you.
- Use strainers for sink and tub drains to prevent clogs.
- Refrain from flushing anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
- Do not pour grease down drains.
- Close foundation vents in the fall and winter seasons to prevent pipes from freezing.
- If your house is going to be vacant for an extended period of time, leave your heat on low and wrap exposed pipes.
- A sagging ceiling may be a sign of a severe water leak. Other signs of leaks may include water spots or dark spots on walls and ceilings, or rusty spots underneath sinks, the water heater, and clothes washer.
Tips from Old Republic Home Protection and www.harfordcountymd.gov