These are just a few things I thought I would share with you after going to a couple “Unpacking your Boxes” classes at Memorial Road Church of Church these past couple weeks. Let me know if you would like to go to the last two classes or want more information. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Always make the move an adventure – think of it as a new opportunity and somewhere adventurous to start this new chapter in your life
- There will be melt downs, no matter what, it takes time to get use to a totally different city and home
- Stay positive because the positive and negative things you say to your kids and friends will rub off on them. Plus, who wants to be around a person who is negative all of the time if the only things you talk about are negative. You need your old and new friends in this phase of your life.
- Embrace the beauty of the Edmond/Oklahoma City area if this is your home now. Find different, exciting places to eat and go for entertainment. (look for a blog post coming soon on fun places to visit in OKC )
- Turn to God, a friend or church family for support. They will help lead you in the right direction.
Hope these tips are helpful! I sure thought they were good.