Well, the weather sure has been a tease lately and I don’t know about you, but I am definitely looking forward to the sun coming out and the weather being warmer. That also brings “Spring Cleaning” to mind. Here are a few helpful hints to help prepare for the months ahead.
- Trim trees and bushes at least 7 inches away from the home to protect the siding and roof.
- Clean and clear screens by rinsing them with soap and water.
- Clearing any and all clutter.
- After a rainy day, examine the ceiling inside your home for wet spots, which may be a sign of roof issues.
- Change your air filter monthly to keep your unit free of dirt and running efficiently.
- Make sure there is not anything touching your air conditioners.
- Clean the carpets and rugs.
- Wash down the tables, chairs and all other furniture.
- Seal up any cracks around the home where pests could potentially enter.
- Repaint areas of chipped or peeling paint on the outside of your home to avoid wood rot.
- Dust from floor to ceiling. Most people forget to dust the baseboards, the ceilings and corners of rooms, artwork, or shoe racks in closets.
Spring is a great time to remember to do these things and keep your home “HAPPY”!