Form for $6500/$8000 tax credit

If you were a first time home buyer that purchased a home last year, make sure you claim your tax credit, and if you have not, then go to the link below and run off the IRS FORM 5405.   Please also keep in mind that the rules on the latest Tax Credit changed up a lot so if you were a current homeowner and owned a home as a principal residence consecutively for 5 of the previous 8 years and purchased a new principal residence between November 7th, 2009 and until June 30, 2010 then you can also qualify for as much as a $6500.00 tax credit. You would also need the IRS 5405 form for the $6500 tax credit. Go to and download the form.

(Please consult your tax professional about the tax credit. In no way are we giving financial advice.)

Leave a Comment